There is a lot of talk of the U.S. heading into a recession that will match a global downturn. How bad it will be and how long it will last is unsure. If you’re not taking steps now to recession proof your online engagement, you could be in for a rough ride in the coming months. One of the best ways to protect your business is to get people to spend more time with your product. In this blog post, we will discuss 6 ways to do just that!
So, how can you recession proof your online engagement? Here are six ways to get people to spend more time with your product and get more eyes on your business right now:
- Host a Social Media Giveaway: Social media giveaways are a great way to get people to interact with your product. They create a sense of urgency and encourage people to take action. Even better, they create followers who are interested in your products or services who are more likely to engage which can boost social media algorithms.
- Make sure your website is set up for success and conversion: If you want people to spend more time with your product, you need to make sure your website is set up for success. That means having clear calls to action, an easy-to-use interface, and compelling content.
- Use retargeting tactics with social media ads: Retargeting is a powerful marketing tool that allows you to show ads to people who have already shown an interest in your product. Did you know it takes 50 touches these days to get people to confidently convert? Retargeting can certainly convert cold leads into warm when used properly.
- Engage in content marketing: Content marketing is a great way to get people to spend more time with your product. By creating helpful, informative, and entertaining content that is share-worthy, you can attract new customers and keep them coming back for more.
- Give a boost to your email list: Email lists are a great way to keep people engaged with your product. By offering something of value, such as a discount or exclusive content, you can encourage people to sign up and stay subscribed. Be careful not to blast or come off spammy to your subscribers or they will quickly unsubscribe.
- Create blog posts that point people to your products or services: Last but not least, blog posts are a great way to get people to spend more time with your product. By creating content that is interesting and informative, you can drive traffic from social media to your website and encourage people to check out your products or services. Pro Tip: Once they’ve hit your site, you can retarget them on social media.
There you have it! Six ways to recession-proof your engagement by getting people to spend more time with your product. Which of these tips will you implement today? We’d love to hear from you on our social channels – look for us @jusbmedia
Queen Bee at Jus B Media. Crazy about digital marketing and content strategy. I absolutely love working with clients from the ground up and creating a homogeneous message across all of their digital platforms: web, social media, and ads.